About the Board
The Saint John Real Estate Board Inc. was formed in October 1958 by seven brokers. In 1959, application was made to the Canadian Real Estate Association for a Charter and, by the end of 1959, a Co-operative Listing Service was started as a separate entity from the Real Estate Board.
In 1961, the Multiple Listing Service® and the Greater Saint John Real Estate Board united into one body, and the Board incorporated in 1962. The Greater Saint John Real Estate Board sent a delegation to the provincial government to participate in writing the Real Estate Licensing Act for the Province of New Brunswick. It was proclaimed by government on November 28, 1962.
The Saint John Real Estate Board is an association of approximately 300 members that provides services to and sets standards for members. The Board preserves and promotes the MLS® marketing system to benefit buyers and sellers of real property.
The Saint John Real Estate Board, in partnership with the New Brunswick Real Estate Association, also provides MLS® system and Board services to REALTORS® in the Northern (Edmundston, Grand Falls, Campbellton, Miramichi, Bathurst, Acadian Peninsula) regions of New Brunswick. Learn more about those regions here.
The Saint John Real Estate Board covers the southern part of New Brunswick to the U.S. border in St. Stephen, and includes the counties of Saint John, Kings, Charlotte and portions of Queens County.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is responsible for the governance of the Saint John Real Estate Board.
The REALTOR® Code establishes a high standard of professional conduct to which all REALTORS® abide.